Innovations like cloud computing, high definition video-conferencing, and mass mobility put extra strain on your network infrastructure and cause potential security issues. Our highly trained and experienced IT consulting staff can help you with all of your network infrastructure and security needs.
- Topology and design consulting that will help your company build an effective and secure network infrastructure that can handle current and emerging technology
- Network and system audits that identify and suggest solutions to performance, risks, and security issues
- Comprehensive and detailed security assessments that will identify risks and help you close them before your company suffers a catastrophic security failure
Is your network collapsing under the weight of new technology and devices? Are you worried that your network security is falling behind? NetPulse can help you design a highly available, secure, cost-effective, and high performance network infrastructure that will meet your company’s current and future needs.
Trust our highly qualified and certified IT professionals – who have experience administrating Canada’s only Tier III data centre – with a critical part of your business. We specialize in:
- Network, systems, and security audits
- Email systems
- LAN and WAN networking
- File and print services
- Network topology
- Intrusion detection
- Wireless network design
- Data security and privacy
- IT software and hardware deployments
- Network management, optimization, testing, and support
- Cloud computing and virtualization
Most IT executives are so busy dealing with the emergent demands of business, that they simply do not have the time to perform regular IT system and networks audits. Over time, the demands of rapidly changing technology and general “entropy” make even the best maintained and installed systems slow, inefficient, and outdated.
Poorly performing computer networks and systems compromise the security of your data, cause productivity losses, increase the risks of system downtime, and adversely affect user and customer experience. Performing regular system and network audits allows you to quickly identify, prioritise, anticipate, and take timely action against potential issues, risks, and vulnerabilities.
Content, Methodology, and Outcomes
The audit includes an overview and brief assessment of sixteen Key IT Performance Indicators as they apply to each element of your company’s IT assets and policies. These elements and assets include:
- Local and Wide Area Networks
- Operating platforms: Unix and Windows
- Backup and Restore
- D/R readiness
- IT policies and compliance
- Processes and controls
- Documentation and knowledge retention
Our methodology consists of:
- Interviews with employees
- Observations and monitoring
- Tests using commercial equipment
The outcome of the study will be an Executive Summary Report to the Project Sponsor(s) which covers:
- The current scope and objective
- Summary of finding
- Priority based on impact, vulnerability, and readiness
- An overview of your network and systems with dated diagrams
- Recommendations and further action needed to deal with the most significant issues
- Estimated costs of rectification and remediation of identified issues
- Suggestions and items for discussion
This comprehensive service can help you identify and resolve existing and potential issues, optimize infrastructure design, and maximize performance.
Call us at 1-877-9-NPULSE to schedule your audit today.
A security assessment is a cost effective method to avoid IT security threats such as hacker attacks, malware infection, and intellectual property or customer data theft. With more than 10 years’ experience in IT security management, NetPulse delivers a 360 degree comprehensive security assessment that discovers potential security breaches in your infrastructure that may lead to loss of revenue, productivity, and reputation.
Our seasoned security experts assess and analyse your information security from every practical standpoint. Using industry leading scanning and assessment tools, we will show you how intruders can view your network from the outside and how they might gain entry into your network without your knowledge. We’ll also assess your network from the inside. Most electronic theft occurs where you would least expect it.
The vulnerability assessment involves performing a comprehensive analysis of your infrastructure components and network blueprints to locate the following issues:
- Missing security updates and service packs
- Buffer/heap overflows
- Local and remotely exploitable vulnerabilities
- Default accounts
- Weak passwords
- System configuration errors
- Hardware/software flaws
- Backdoors and Trojans
- Conditions leading to denial of service attacks
- The presence of rootkits or network hacking tools
- Network architecture deficiencies
As a result of this assessment, NetPulse will present you with a comprehensive report of all the vulnerabilities and exposures that were found and specific recommendations on how to mitigate those risks. After problems are solved, a follow-up assessment will be performed to verify the effectiveness of the remedies.
A penetration test is an attempt to confirm that the discovered weaknesses can lead to a breach. Qualified NetPulse testers would simulate a potential hacker attack to exploit the vulnerabilities. Unlike vulnerability assessment, penetration testing is performed with minimum knowledge of your environment, treating the target as a “black box.” Very often malicious attacks occur from inside the network. We will also do an internal infrastructure penetration testing mimicking an insider attack.
Some organizations are uncomfortable allowing a tester to exploit vulnerabilities even under controlled conditions. Others find it difficult to accept the weaknesses discovered during a vulnerability assessment without confirming that they can be exploited. We will work with you to help you decide which approach is right for your organization. You may also consider a hybrid approach, performing a penetration test of your external systems, while opting for a comprehensive vulnerability assessment of your internal network.